Friday, December 12, 2008

Personalized wedding cards - Cathy and Pedro

For almost all wedding guests, the one thing that they all will do is bring a wedding card. I used to always scour the aisles of my local card store to search for the perfect wedding card, and after reading about 30 different cards, I would usually just settle on a card that says some sort of generic "congratulations" phrase. For $2.99 - $5.99 each time I do this, I never feel like it's really worth the money because it could always be better. So each time a wedding came around the corner, I'd find myself back in that same aisle, reading wedding cards, and just saying... "ehh".

But, what if you actually go through the aisle and find a cute card? The problem is that sometimes, another wedding guest going to the same wedding would also see that same cute card, so the newlyweds get duplicates of the cute card, which doesn't make it that cute anymore. Trust me, this happens.. for my own wedding, I received duplicates of multiple cards!

The solution: personalized wedding cards! For the past three weddings that I've been to, I've designed cards to give to the newlyweds. It would either contain something that is special to them, or have a wedding related element like a hand drawn wedding cake. For Cathy and Pedro's wedding card, I knew that they liked turtles, so I designed cute a pair of "love" turtles with their names attached, and added some texture by hand glittering sections of both of the turtles.


How cute is this card?? I immediately got a response from Cathy after she received the card saying that she loved it.

If you would like to personalize a wedding card for your friends, just email me at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com! I'll be posting some more cards that I've designed at a later date.

~Emilie

No comments: