Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cupcakes! Perfect for a wedding dessert station!

Cupcakes bring back lots of memories for me. I specifically remember always loving my birthdays in elementary school, because my mom would always bring a huge box of chocolate cupcakes from the local grocery store, so my classmates could all celebrate with a tasty treat. No knives, forks, or plates needed. Just two little hands around one big cupcake, and I felt like a cupcake queen.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in New York City and had the opportunity to try some mini cupcakes from Crumbs Bake Shop. It was a variety pack of 12 different flavors, and I immediately thought that this would be such a fun and colorful display for a wedding dessert station! The flavors were everything from chocolate chip mint, to oreo, to marshmallow, to coffee, to strawberry swirl, and they were all delicious!

New York City definitely has a lot of cupcake shops, such as Crumbs and Sugar Sweet Sunshine, but how about something more local around Boston?

Well, Boston is in luck! Sweet is a charming bakery that bakes fresh and gorgeous cupcakes each morning. They have one location in the Back Bay, and just opened up a new location in Harvard Square.

photos from Sweet

Aren't these the perfect little wedding cupcakes? I think any guest would love to see a table filled with these delicately decorated treats.

~Emilie

No comments: