Friday, May 28, 2010

Remy's Candyland Birthday Invitations

Ever since I created the carnival birthday invitation last year, I've gotten a lot of requests for similar types of invitations in different colors, or with different wording, like a county fair, instead of a carnival. Melissa contacted me in March to design the invitations for her daughter's first birthday, but wanted to incorporate a Candyland theme into the existing carnival invitation.

I loved the idea, and incorporated things that she was planning to have at the party, like cotton candy, penant flags, pinwheels, huge lollipops, a candy buffet, and a cupcake piƱata! I also included a colorful walkway similar to the Candyland board game. The invitations were made of a pearlescent metallic white cardstock, with a light pink metallic cardstock backing, and fuchsia metallic envelopes. The cotton candy, the candy buffet, and the little flower on the cupcake were all hand-glittered to give the invitations some extra texture and sparkle.

I love how colorful the invitation is, and the shades of pink make it very girly =)

~Emilie

No comments: